- Pacific Garbage Patch Grows to Size of Texas
- Ancient Bo Tribe Becomes Extinct
- Wii Injury – The Wii Fit Backlash
- Graduation Rates: City Folk v. Country Bumpkins
- The State of Stress
- Stem Cell Restrictions Slackened
- Fighting the Stigma of the “Stupid” American Tourist
- Perfect Smiles Triumph Despite Economy
- Should I be an Organ Donor?
- More Morels! Mushroom-Hunting Season is Upon Us!
Tag Archives: Depression
If you’re from the state of rolling green hills, red barns, and foot-stompin’ bluegrass (Kentucky), count your southern roots unlucky. Kentucky was reported the state with the highest rate of mental stress, according to CNN article, “Feeling stressed? It’s more likely in some U.S. states than others.” Residents of the beautiful beaches of Hawaii report the lowest rates of stress, at 6.6 percent. Kentucky ranks 14.4 percent. Continue reading
Coping with the loss of a job or income, coupled with the rise in living expenses, can be a hotbed of stress. Symptoms like frequent sensations of sadness or crying, increased anxiety, inability to focus, apathy, and alcohol or drug abuse are all warning signs or direct effects of financially-induced depression.