- Pacific Garbage Patch Grows to Size of Texas
- Ancient Bo Tribe Becomes Extinct
- Wii Injury – The Wii Fit Backlash
- Graduation Rates: City Folk v. Country Bumpkins
- The State of Stress
- Stem Cell Restrictions Slackened
- Fighting the Stigma of the “Stupid” American Tourist
- Perfect Smiles Triumph Despite Economy
- Should I be an Organ Donor?
- More Morels! Mushroom-Hunting Season is Upon Us!
Tag Archives: Personal Training
Finally, it appears the medical and sports performance field is taking the issue of concussions seriously and not making it a badge of honor amongst athletes and their peers. Having a concussion is no joke as essentially your brain, which essentially floats inside your skull, is banged/concussed against your skull with these being some of the possible effects: headaches, nausea, loss of motor control/coordination and loss of short term memory. Continue reading
Basically, the core is fundamental to all body movement. Whether you realize it or not, you hardly make a movement without engaging your core whether it be walking up the stairs or bending down to pick something up. Your core is involved, providing you with balance and stability. The strength, or weakness, or your core will dictate how easy or difficult these movements are. Continue reading